Monday Musings #9

If you look around at the people in your life, probably 90% of them are friends: whether close friends or simply acquaintances, they all have some degree of impact on you. They say that we are the product of who we surround ourselves with.

This means that good friends are more important than ever.

They:
  • encourage you
  • make you happy
  • support you and your decisions
  • understand you (or at least try to)

I know that with my friends, there is never a dull moment and my cheeks usually end up aching afterwards! Now this doesn't mean that I'm constantly having to talk or text them - we carry on from where we left off. Especially when you grow older, seeing friends all the time is simply impossible.

This leads me on to the main point of this post (finally!!) which is that when friendships change, there's a reason for it.

As humans, we generally dislike change and so we hold onto the last fragments of things we know have gone already. This applies to many things but friendships and relationships.

Discussing this with friends have made me realise that people come in and out of your life for various reasons but sometimes we have to be the one to let them go.

One of my friends, Hayz (who also has a BLOG where she shares her thoughts on things) mentioned an analogy which sums up pretty much what I'm saying here.

"life is like an elevator, on your way up sometimes you have to stop and let people off"

It's always difficult to move on but I've come to realise that you can't let time run away from you by being stuck in your past.

Honestly I don't even know what I'm trying to say - hopefully you are able to get something useful out of this rather rambly post haha. I tend to get carried away quite easily as you may have noticed ^_^; my aim for these Musings is that you see life from even just a slightly different perspective than before.

Take care!

Comments

Popular Posts