Monday Musings #5

                   
Have you ever been in a situation when you're about to go into a room of people (some of which you know and some don't) but you're scared of it being uncomfortable? Probably.

This is because most of us have mastered the art of over thinking.

Talking ourselves out of things seems to be a regular occurrence and means that we miss opportunities that might've never come round again.

Sometimes that feeling of overwhelming dread is too debilitating and there doesn't seem to be another way out. Your thoughts keep spiralling out of control.

"It's only awkward when you think it's awkward" is a perfect example. We can almost picture the situation and just cringe at the idea.

I used to be one of the biggest culprits of this but I've started to tell myself that I might never be able to do that / meet them / whatever I'm trying to talk myself out of. Often I find that it isn't as bad as I make it out to be. I tell myself that I'll never know what it's like until I go and do it.

It is easier to see from a third person's perspective as you can detach yourself from the situation. Asking someone to assess the circumstance and hearing your concerns coming from someone else's mouth helps you to rationalise your thoughts better.

The worst thing is that if you later regret not taking the leap of faith. The way I look at it is that if it doesn't go well then at least I know that I won't do it again.

Every experience adds to your knowledge so taking that first step into the unknown could end up somewhere amazing (sorry for the cheese😂).

All the best!

Comments

Popular Posts