Monday Musings #12

🐟

I came across this quote the other day and I thought it was kind of amusing. It also drew my attention (and pushed me to include this as a Monday Musing) because people use the phrase "go with the flow" casually all the time.

This is not to say that going with the flow is a bad thing but perhaps there could be negative consequences to doing so?

"Dead fish" suggests that the person has no mind of their own and are just "following the herd" as such. After thinking about this, it could be true in that you're not really putting much thought or planning when you go with the flow. You're just floating along with no idea as to what or why you're doing something.


[[ Ngl, the thought of dead fish is hella gross - just floatin' along you know? - which adds a 'lil bit of humour to the phrase.]]

I don't think that this is criticising spontaneity but rather on the mindset that has no purpose. In the end we eventually feel and become empty when we lack purpose or direction in our lives. As humans, our psychological condition demands a reason for our existence and therefore being in the state of "dead fish" could backfire and be detrimental to us.

To be honest, I'm really not the best person to be talking about spontaneity but I am trying to be more free about it all - which I'll talk about in another post.

Today is also my last day on holiday and I really don't want to go back to reality! Tell me I'm not the only one!! :((


Comments

Popular Posts