13 / 4 / 2017 - Easter hols, work

{This little corner of my blog is going to be a bit like a diary- updates on my life and thoughts.}

Currently it is the Easter holidays and I am trying to do as much revision as possible. Truthfully, revising and working is quite difficult for me, particularly motivation is the what I struggle with. I actually did lots of notes yday so pleased with myself in that respect:)

I always say this but before every holiday, I never have much planned to do but when it comes, I end up going out 24/7!- ok that’s an exaggeration but you get the gist. As a result, I haven’t done a vast amount work but I guess the outings have been worth it. Here are the highlights of what I’ve been up to: I have been to Perk many a time, participated in a taster day, visited Brick Lane and more! These next few days are gonna be a whirlwind too but we’ll take it as it comes^^

One of the consequences of going out frequently is that I have been finding myself more and more often standing at an ATM about to withdraw cash. This Easter, I am keeping a spreadsheet to record all my expenditure and right now, the total figure just seems to keep on rising…

Fortunately for my bank account, I have a part-time job that sustains (barely) my spending. Earning my own money has made me so much more aware of every time I give up some of that hard earnt cash. Especially working as a waitress, I am also able to appreciate the sheer amount of work and organisation that goes into the hospitality industry, for example, I am more inclined to be forgiving if a waiter / waitress makes a mistake. Everyone in the restaurant I work in is so lovely and is the main reason why I enjoy it so much! As the restaurant is located in a football stadium, this means being really close to the action and goodness, you can really feel the atmosphere! And once the goalkeeper even came up (I’ll spare you the details of how we all fangirled / fanboyed)!!! The season is coming to a close though, which means I probably have to start being more frugal with my pennies.

Anyway, I have rambled on for far too long and I probably should be off to bed soon coz I have an early start tomorrow! x


Comments

Popular Posts