Monday Musings #1

Heyo!

I'm starting a lil' series called "Monday Musings" (as you can tell from the title of this post) which will consist of my reflections on quotes or just topics that provoke some thought. They will be spontaneously written with minimal editing so as to be as raw and real as possible. I love giving people advice so hopefully you can take away from this series something that relates to your life :)

It's Tuesday already as you have probably noticed (what a great start) but hope you can look past that and join me on this journey!

I thought there's no better way to kick this off than with a quote that I live by and I think is so important but gets forgotten a lot.

"Times change, people change, relationships change"

As time goes on we grow older, we mature and our way of thinking changes. Along with that, our outlook of life and relationships are more often than not affected as well.

Your friendships may not feel the same.
And that's okay, because everybody grows up and everybody moves on.

It's easy to forget that and dwell on what has happened rather than focusing on what can come out of the situation.

It's cringey but it's very true when they say if you keep reading an old chapter, you can never turn over to a new one.

In my own life, I've had friends that I've drifted away from and maybe even lost contact- citing primary school friends as an example. I feel like in primary school friendships are more trivial than in, say, secondary school as you're more playing around than discussing the deep meanings of life.

Of course I can only speak from my own experience and what I've heard from others.

From speaking to my good friends now, we know for sure that we will keep in touch, still be friends in the future and meet up with our own families and all that jazz.

There are others that I am probably less confident that we will be talking in 10, 20 years time. Even if that happens, I won't be sad that we're no longer friends but will look back on the happy memories that we created and shared!

I hope you all are having a wonderful week wherever you are!

Comments

Popular Posts