Monday Musings #7

Sometimes I think back on events and find that I only remember the overall mood of the day and who I was with. Of course we can't always recall the nitty gritty but I wish I could remember the small snippets of conversation or even what colour t-shirt someone wore.

Little details make up the bigger picture of our lives and, whether we are conscious of it or not, we spend do a lot of wishing away our time wishing tomorrow came quicker. This means that we don't live in the now and when that happens it's easy to glaze over the small things.

Going on a bit of a tangent here, but I'm a firm believer in that the individual interactions we have with other people shape who we become.

You know when you think back to how events happened, it usually comes to something small and seemingly insignificant or it's the small quirk that you and your friend share that makes you guys click.

Although big institutions like the media, school and religion may influence decisions that have wider consequences on your life, you probably don't turn to .gov.uk to get advice on your personal problems right? That's probably because their usually general and sweeping advice doesn't resonate with what you're going through in particular.

I think that's why it's important to observe the fleeting moments in life as they have a lasting impression.

Comments

Popular Posts